Read more about us and our objectives.
Hedgerows Ireland is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, which does not have a share capital and was founded in 2004 by a group of hedge layers and other interested individuals. We were previously known as the Hedge Laying Association of Ireland.
Hedgerows Ireland is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, which does not have a share capital. It was founded in 2004 and is a member of the Irish Environmental Network and the Environmental Pillar. It also receives funding from the Heritage Council.
Aims and Objectives
- To encourage and facilitate the conservation and appropriate management of hedgerows
- To promote the craft and profession of hedge laying
- To encourage and facilitate landowners in the management of hedges by laying, where appropriate
- To encourage and train people in the craft of hedge laying
- To establish, maintain and promote recognised standards of craftsmanship in hedge laying
- To research and document the tradition of hedge laying in Ireland
- Eoin Donnelly
- Eamonn McLoughlin
- Clive Lyttle
- Adrian Fitzpatrick
- Chris McCarney
- Sonja Moore